“For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Jesus
Find Your Place
We call those who serve others at the Journey our Dream Team. Serving is one way we show our love for God and for other people. It also helps us to grow in our walk with God as we seek to emulate our Savior.
In order to make a family work smoothly, everyone has responsibilities. At Journey we encourage ownership of the vision. In other words, it’s everyone’s responsibility to help others experience the transforming love of Christ. Our desire is for each person to find their niche and move from a consumer to a contributor.
We help people do this through our Next Steps Class. During part three, you will learn your personality profile and discover your spiritual gifts in order to help you find your best fit.
Please let us know which one of the following areas captures your interest:
Set-up and Clean-up crew. Since we set-up and tear-down every Sunday, we always need help in this area. The more hands the better! Crew Members serve every other week for both set-up and clean-up. We prefer people to do both, but if for some reason you can’t, no problem! You can do one or the other.
- Set-up crew is from 8:00am – 10:00am
- Clean-up crew is from 12:20 – 1:00pm
This involves anything that helps to make the Sunday morning worship experience excellent in look and feel. It includes helping with the sound system, technology (computer and video projection), and environment (lights, atmosphere, etc…)
- Sound System, Tech (video) and Lights, 9:15am – 12:30pm
Because children are very important to us, there is a little more of a process to working with the kids. If you are interested in serving the children at the Journey, please let us know and we will email you an application.
- Journey Kids is from 9:15am – 12:30pm
Ushers, greeters, and hospitality are all part of our Guest Connect Team.
- Hospitality – coffee, food, communion, special events – varies
- Greeting – Welcoming and directing people, 10:00am-12:20pm
- Ushers – flow of service, offering, seating, 10:00am-12:20pm[/accordionitem]
Serving on the worship team requires that you have the heart of a servant and a musical gift. If you are interested in serving on the worship team, please let us know and we will forward you the information.
- Worship Band – right now there are two alternating teams. Practices are held on Saturday (the weekend your team is on) from 10:30am – 12:00pm and your commitment on the Sunday your team is playing is from 9:15am – 12:00pm.
- Arts – this would involve any creative element such as drama, special music, dance, etc.
- Journey Worship Process & Application
This involves helping with the weekly administrative responsibilities such as website maintenance, social media, follow-up, office work, email communication and Sunday service preparation.
We take prayer seriously. At Journey, it’s the fuel behind everything we do. The prayer team meets from 9:30-10:00am on Sunday mornings at the Sheraton Commander to pray for the service. They also pray during the week for our city, our church and pastors Kent and Gina and meet at various other times as well.
We are always glad to know other areas of interest or ways you feel you could put your gift to use at the Journey so let us know!
A member of our team will contact you shortly to get you connected with the ministry or ministries you are interested in. Thank you!