“Life is relationships, the rest is just details.” Gary Smalley
Download Weekly Life Group Questions
Why Small Groups (We Call Them Life Groups)?
Great relationships are vital for a good home. At Journey, Life Groups are a way of life, not just another program. They are a place to share life, build community and grow in our faith – together. The truth is, if we are too busy for relationships we are probably too busy.
What are Life Groups?
A Life Group is a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly gathering of people, often from different walks of life, who come together to enjoy God and one another through friendship, discussion, prayer, encouragement, and service. Some groups are based on a Bible study, others on an activity and some on a book or video series. All of them will have a spiritual component to them. Life Groups are also a great way to meet new people!
What If I Don’t Like the Group?
Our groups run in semesters. Some have open enrollment while others close after the first few weeks. If so, feel free to come and check it out for the first two (2) weeks. If it’s not for you, you can opt out with no guilt or bad feelings!
How Long Do the Groups Last?
Generally 10-12 weeks. We do Life Groups in a semester system – Spring, Summer, and Fall. Here is a general breakdown of the semester system:
- Winter/Spring Semester is Mid February – End of April
- Summer Semester is Beginning June – End of July
- Fall Semester is Mid September – End of November
- Mini Semester is the month of January
As people come and go over the summer, we like to take a break from our normal Life Groups and instead try to connect relationally with one another in two ways:
- Social Gatherings – We have put together a email list for Journey social events. All you need is three people who are already committed and you can post to the list! Join the list here or email Joel Travis to join the group email@example.com
- Deeper Nights – Monthly nights of worship and prayer held at First Church (11 Garden St; Cambridge, MA)
- Individual Meet ups – Why not have coffee or a meal with someone or a several people over the course of the summer? It’s a great opportunity to get to know some new people and love one another.
Just fill out the form below to let us know which Life Group you would like to be a part of or contact the leader directly if you have any questions.