“Life is relationships, the rest is just details.” Gary Smalley
Download Weekly Life Group Questions
Why Small Groups (We Call Them Life Groups)?
Great relationships are vital for a good home. At Journey, Life Groups are a way of life, not just another program. They are a place to share life, build community and grow in our faith – together. The truth is, if we are too busy for relationships we are probably too busy.
What are Life Groups?
A Life Group is a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly gathering of people, often from different walks of life, who come together to enjoy God and one another through friendship, discussion, prayer, encouragement, and service. Some groups are based on a Bible study, others on an activity and some on a book or video series. All of them will have a spiritual component to them. Life Groups are also a great way to meet new people!
What If I Don’t Like the Group?
Our groups run in semesters. Some have open enrollment while others close after the first few weeks. If so, feel free to come and check it out for the first two (2) weeks. If it’s not for you, you can opt out with no guilt or bad feelings!
How Long Do the Groups Last?
Generally 10-12 weeks. We do Life Groups in a semester system – Spring, Summer, and Fall. Here is a general breakdown of the semester system:
- Winter/Spring Semester is Mid February – End of April
- Summer Semester is Beginning June – End of July
- Fall Semester is Mid September – End of November
- Mini Semester is the month of January
Winter/Spring 2018 Semester – Feb. 4th – May 6th
Welcome to the Winter/Spring 2018 Life Group Semester! Here are the groups for this semester:
- Bible Book Club –In the Bible Book club we will focus on a different book of the Bible each month. We will start in Mark, move to John and make our way back to Genesis. Through this Bible Book Club we will encourage each other to spend more time with God by reading His Word. We will come together once a month to discuss the reading and to fellowship. Starting Sunday Feb. 4, 2018. Contact Leah for details email@example.com
- Tuesday Night Group – In this group we will pray together, worship together, and go into a more in-depth discussion about the Sunday message. You don’t need to have been there on Sunday to be a part. All sermons will be posted online. Starting Tuesday Feb. 13 at 7pm. Contact Kent for details firstname.lastname@example.org
Just fill out the form below to let us know which Life Group you would like to be a part of or contact the leader directly if you have any questions.