If there were a “magic pill” you could take to grow as a follower of Jesus, this would be it! A daily habit of reading and applying your Bible is considered one of the most crucial things you can do in order to grow in your faith. As a community, we are reading through the Bible in one year. This plan allows us to read Monday – Friday and then take weekends to catch up if need be. Depending how fast you read, it takes anywhere from 15-30 minutes per day. Here are some suggested resources to help you on your journey. We chose this plan because it’s Monday through Friday and allows you to catch up on the weekends. It is a very realistic plan.
- Printable one-year Bible reading plan from Christ Church of the Valley (CCV). This is the plan we follow as a church community.
- You Version Online Bible – download it on your smartphone or tablet and take it with you or read it on your computer. You can even make notes if you want! We follow the Bible in one-year plan from Christ Church of the Valley.
- We recommend reading the Bible with the “SOAP” method
- Church of the Highlands has the Bible in a year online!
Helpful tips for daily Bible reading
- Find and partner to do it with you. We are stronger together.
- If you fall behind, don’t quit! Get back on the horse and keep riding.
- If it takes you more than one year, so be it! If you have You Version, you can update the plan to catch you up. Reading some Bible is better than reading none! If you find your daily reading plan is too much, select one reading from that day and just do that.
- Don’t get discouraged if you don’t understand something. Talk to other people, find someone who knows more than you do about the Bible and keep reading!
- Apply what you read. Jesus wants us to act on what we learn, not just gain more knowledge.
- Abiding in the Vine (a plan for your time with Jesus)