The most basic question everyone faces in life is why am I here? What is my purpose? Self-help books suggest that people should look within, at their own desires and dreams, but the starting place must be with God and his eternal purposes for each life. Real meaning and significance comes from understanding and fulfilling God’s purposes for putting us on earth.
This series will help you understand God’s incredible plan for your life, enabling you to see the big picture of what life is all about and begin to live the life God created you to live.
On your journey you’ll find the answers to three of life’s most important questions: The Question of Existence: Why am I alive?, The Question of Significance: Does my life matter?, The Question of Purpose: What on earth am I here for?
Living out the purpose you were created for moves you beyond mere survival and success to a life of significance—the life you were meant to live.
The Purpose-Driven Life is a manifesto for Christian living in the 21st century…a lifestyle based on eternal purposes, not cultural values. Using biblical stories and letting the Bible speak for itself, The Purpose Driven Life clearly explains God’s five purposes for each of us:
- We were planned for God’s pleasure
- so your first purpose is to offer real worship.
- We were formed for God’s family
- so your second purpose is to enjoy real fellowship.
- We were created to become like Christ,
- so your third purpose is to learn real discipleship.
- We were shaped for serving God
- so your fourth purpose is to practice real ministry.
- We were made for a mission
- so your fifth purpose is to live out real evangelism.
*Description of message series taken from Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
Plan Your Visit
Where: Sheraton Commander Hotel (16 Garden Street; Cambridge, MA)
When: 10:30a-12:00p (refreshments will be served afterwards on this day)
Details: Get all the details for your visit here…